Despite being initially unwillingly I've switch to an iPhone - mainly because it was a hand-me-down.
I never thought I'd say it but the iPhone really rocks. Apart from all the other goodness I have discovered that not only can you sync your Google email but also your contacts with google contacts and your calendar (both ways) - NOT only that but you can sync multiple calendars and shared calendars on your iPhone. You can import and merge and sync your facebook contacts and their facebook picture. Freakin' amazing! You may need iOS 4.x for some of this - not sure (I'm on iOS 4.2).
It should be noted that the windows phone 7 does this stuff too.
Now if only it had a radio and fm transmitter like my nokia n78 did (and reliable DLNA support would be good too). However I still dislike iTunes (but the cool remote control app is wearing me down).
How? well... to have (and sync) calendar and contacts as well as email then add gmail using "outlook exchange" option and not the "gmail" option on the "add account" selection in settings. To sync Multiple calendars check out this link - basic trick is to navigate on your iPhone to m.google.com/sync and select the calendars you want to sync. See http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2010/07/28/how-to-sync-shared-google-calendars-with-your-iphone/ for more.
Of course the facebook and twitter app totally rock. There is a Yahoo messenger app and MSN Messenger app, flickr app. Then of course there is "kik" to replace SMS for free with the benefit of sent, delivered and read feed back for your messages (because you can never be sure about an IM landing in the correct place or being read).
Of course the facebook and twitter app totally rock. There is a Yahoo messenger app and MSN Messenger app, flickr app. Then of course there is "kik" to replace SMS for free with the benefit of sent, delivered and read feed back for your messages (because you can never be sure about an IM landing in the correct place or being read).
Podcast support is also awesome and I've started to dip in and consume there where I never did before.
I'm in shock quite how well it works. I've not yet switched to a data plan but the thing just does the business with in a couple of minutes (or lesss) of me hitting one of the my setup wifi hotspots. With sync working so well I don't feel the need to splash for a dataplan just yet - so yes an iPhone still rocks - even with out a dataplan.
With the iphone on board I'm also being a twitter fan, watching news/current affairs programmes with the twitter hashtag stream in hand is informative and entertaining. My addiction may pass in a months or so but for now I'm wowed by the iPhone.

1 comment:
Ahem. Android also does all of the above :)
Post a Comment