Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Roman Forum


Roman Forum, originally uploaded by kdobey.

It's time to add a couple more pictures to my flickr collection. Some from Italy in in 2001 (Honeymoon). I have used the excellent "note" function of flickr to identify some of the structures in the Roman Forum. From memory and research - corrections/additions on a post card please ! :)

I thought the Roman forum was fascinating - and it's a must see. BUT you have to pick up a tour or get a good book - other wise you looking at piles of Rocks.

Of course I found it especially interesting since I did "Classical Studies" (and loved it) for my leaving cert. Even so, I was a little unprepared to be walking around the "sights" of Roman and suddenly see a structure I had studied years before, and of course - it's so much better in 3D !!

While we were walking the forum we accidentally caught up with a tour and casually tailed it (until we discovered it was a free tour and we were welcome to join in).

It was also damn hot !

I have a couple more pictures of ancient Roman structures from a different site - but I'll post those another day.

The two pictures of the Roman forum where actually taken from a very quite (ancient) balcony accessed from within the Capitoline Museum (if I recall).


I loved Rome, we walked MILES!

No comments: